Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Diagon Alley-Madame Malkin's Robes & Potage's Cauldron Shop

After visiting Gringotts Wizarding Bank we moved on to Madame Malkin's Robes.  This is where Hogwarts students get their uniforms for school.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Diagon Alley

Madame Malkins Robes at the Wizarding World Diagon Alley
I printed off the sign from PropPrintables and mounted it to foam core.  Then I grabbed an old cedar trunk that I have had since college and made that our Madame Malkins.



With possibly 10 or more kids coming I didn’t want to blow the budget on robes.  I also didn't want to spend a whole lot of time making them either.  I went to JoAnn's and purchased Men's L and XL plain, black t-shirts when they were on sale 3 for $9.  It was so easy.  All I did was cut them in the front, right up the middle.  They fit the girls perfectly.






Bug-A-Boo was Hermione for Halloween last year so she just wore her own robe.


Next stop...Potage's Cauldron Shop.

Potage's Cauldrons at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

I knew that the girls would be receiving a lot of things to use during the party as well as to take home so I wanted to make sure they had something to carry it all in.  I thought a cauldron would be perfect. I found 8" cauldrons with handles at carnivalsource.com and they were only $2.04 each.  The only catch was that in order to make an order at the website you had to spend at least $45.00.  It is a party supply site so I figured I would be able to do that and I found some great stuff that we will introduce later in the party.

After getting the cauldrons I printed out the sign and mounted it to foam core and found a small table to display the cauldrons.



The girls were so excited to get their cauldron's.


Next shop...Ollivander's Wands.

No comments:

Post a Comment